Tuesday, August 21, 2012

App Review: Evernote

Looking for the Bead Soup Blog Party? Click Here!

Ever since getting my Samsung Galaxy S2, I've been downloading apps like crazy. There are many good apps that I found were useful in helping me organize my business. So I thought I'd review some of these android apps (although some have an iphone equivalent) that I think are useful for business, beading or just really cool! I'll try to post a new review every month. Here goes the first one!


Evernote
http://evernote.com/

AVAILABLE ON: Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7


Evernote was one of those apps that was raved about on Google Play. It was on the front page whenever I go into Google Play and I kept seeing ads about it. So I finally decided to give it a try. At first, I thought it was just a mobile app but soon realized that it could be downloaded onto your computer and other devices. It is best used on the computer to gather all your info and then its available on your phone. The phone app is used for gathering quick ideas on the run. I find that it works best when you create the more complicated notes (like creating a blog hop checklist) on the computer then use it on your phone. Some of the simpler functions like typing a note, taking a snapshot, voice recording etc. can easily be done on your phone.

The most useful thing I've done with this app is create a blog hop checklist of all the participants. From the computer, I copy and paste the entire list right from my blog. Then (somewhat tedious but not difficult to do) I manually put a check box next to each participants name. Now when I'm not near a computer I can still hop to a few blogs on my phone.



A list of items in one of my notebooks
Bead Soup list of participants.
I can click on the link to go to their
blog then check off their name as
I visit them.






















Overall, Evernote is a great app to use for organizing all your ideas and notes in one place. As you can see in my second picture (look up) I created lists of items I need to buy and ideas. I can record my ideas when on my phone and then sync it and it'll be on my computer if I need it. And did I mention you can access your files from the web. So if you're at another computer, you won't need to download the program.

(I just typed this on the subway on my phone, then copy and pasted it onto blogger. What a good use if time:))

Evernote also has other apps that can be used with its original app:
  • Skitch - draw your ideas, on photos you've taken and attach it to your Evernote
  • Evernote food - a food journal of all your food adventures
  • Evernote Hello - keeps track of all the people you meet
  • and more... check out their website to find out more

    HOW I USE EVERNOTE:
    1. Keep track of ideas that float through my head during the day or take a snapshot of something that inspires me for a beading project. 
    2. Created a shipping checklist when I need to ship a package
    3. Make a list of projects that I need to finish so it doesn't keep swimming around in my head bothering me.
    4. Clip websites with ideas and tips about running a craft show.
    5. Create a checklist of all the participants in the Bead Soup Blog Hop so that I can check each person off as I visit their site. Best part is that I can do this all on my phone!

    What do you think? Do you use Evernote? Let me know in the comments below and/or click one of the reactions.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...